Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Baaaad Kitty!

Bad Kitty Gets a Bath
Nick Buel

genre: children's chapter book
series: Bad Kitty
age: 5+
pages: 125
rating: ****
favorite quote: "It's simply that...CATS HATE BATHS!"

I was subbing in my daughter's 2nd grade class, when I came across this book.  Knowing I would be surrounded by little people I didn't bother taking reading material.  All year I have heard about Bad Kitty, so I decided it was time to read it.  It only took about 30 minutes, tops.

Bad Kitty Gets a BathBad Kitty Gets a Bath is a story about a kitty who gets dirty and needs a bath.  It's a how-to guide, complete with diagrams and a dictionary in the back.

I loved this book.  Th illustrations are very funny, especially the one of kitty after the bath.  It is funny to read about what could possibly happen if you gave kitty a bath.  Kids love this book, they laugh at the funny pictures and story.  I really enjoyed the added notes from the editor when things became too harsh for children!  Those were really funny.


-Caren

2 comments:

Toni D. said...

Oh dear, I shudder to think about how it'll end if I give my cat a bath. Another good cat book is Mister Pusskins. So cute!

Unknown said...

How fun! What I love is the idea of a how-to in a storybook. Your bookblog.ning friend.