Thursday, January 12, 2012

Move over Sherlock...

Dangerous to Know
Tasha Alexander

Genre: Mystery, Suspense
Pages: 306
Series: Lady Emily Series #5
Favorite Quote: "I wanted to cheer when she thoroughly schooled that man."
Rating: *****

Have you ever read a book where you loved the characters and the writing so much you wanted to live there?  I must admit I love this series.  It's only one of two book series I have read almost every book.  I haven't read the first one yet, and there's another one coming out this year.  If your read this Mrs. Alexander I would love an advanced copy.  OK let's get started.

DTKpbcover1Dangerous to Know, has Lady Emily and Colin resting in Normandy, at his mother's house, after their dangerous honeymoon in Turkey.  Of course, the pair can not stay out of trouble.  Emily finds the mutilated body of a young woman.  It appears to be similar to Jack the Ripper.  Emily is under stress and has a disapproving mother-in-law, as well as being told to limit her help in the investigation.  Danger and ghosts abound as they travel Normandy in search of a killer.

There's so much that goes on in this book it's amazing.  As usual the writing is witty and the characters are vivid.  I don't know who I love more the terribly charming thief Sebastian or the loyal and brilliant Colin.  Do I have to choose?  The love of Emily and Colin set the page on fire without being explicit.  Emily is smart and joy to read.

If you want to read a book that doesn't insult your intelligence and has a smart leading lady, give this one a try.  I highly recommend it.

-Caren

No comments: